Ride Perth County in the Annual Forbidden Ride
The 2016 Forbidden Ride Takes place on Friday, May 27th and Saturday, May 28th.
On the last weekend of May the highways and streets of Perth County will be filled with the sound of roaring motorcycles cruising their way around Perth County as they take a Forbidden Ride.
Friday's FREE events:
- 6:15– 6:30 pm Arrive in Stratford at the Festival Inn parking lot (1144 Ontario Street) - watch for the Black and Yellow ribbons
- 6:30 pm Caravan of Motorcycles - Ride through downtown Stratford, arriving in downtown Mitchell around 7:00 p.m.
- 7:00 – 9:30 pm Live Music & Charity BBQ provided by the Lions Club in Mitchell at the Show 'n Shine on St. Andrews Street. Registration package pickup is available.
- 7:30 – 9:00 pm Show 'n Shine held on St. Andrews St. in Mitchell [MAP] between Quebec and Ontario Street (near the Cenotaph). Click here for RULES AND CATEGORIES
- 9:00 – 9:30 pm Winners announced and prizes handed out.
Saturday is Ride Day: Cost: $35.00/pp + HST includes Patch, Full Course Meal, Stamp Stop Booklet and a chance at thousands of dollars worth of prizes!
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Register at Welcome Center & Artisan Market in Shakespeare (2146 Hwy 7&8) to begin the “Forbidden Ride”. Coffee and refreshments available.
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Tour the towns & find your stamp stops (riders’ map and Itinerary provided.)
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm Arrive in Atwood at the Elma Community Centre and Lions Park for your delicious Full Course Meal featuring Perth County pork
- 4:00 – 8:30 pm Motorcycle Vendors on site - also check out the prize table!
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm Music / Entertainment by
- 6:00 – 8:30 pm Full-course local meal, 50-50 draw and prize giveaways. All riders and passengers are eligible for all prizes.
The Forbidden Ride promotes the Ride Perth Motorcycle Map, which identifies motorcycle-friendly roads, restaurants and accommodations within the county. Available at the Perth County Welcome Centre and Artisan Market and various locations across southwestern Ontario.
Meet last year's Ride Ambassadors, Barb and Daryl Raymond, from Goderich
Would you like to nominate a special couple or person to be the 2016 Ride Ambassadors? If you think there was someone who stood out either promoting the ride or making the day extra special, please contact Cathy Bieman at email@example.com to nominate them!
For more information call 1-888-366-0160
Order Forbidden Ride T-shirts, jackets and caps!
Order your Forbidden Ride clothing online and pay securely by PayPal.
Forbidden Ride Clothing MUST pre-ordered! There will be no clothing available on the day of the ride.
T-shirts, long sleeved shirts, hoodies and jackets are available in several styles, and new this year we feature an embroidered ball cap and distressed military style cap. Both Mens and Womens styles are available in several sizes. To view the styles and order online click here.
If you prefer not to order online get the Printable Order Form and mail it to us:
Perth County Visitors' Association
2146 Line 34,
P.O. Box 340
Shakespeare, ON N0B 2P0