Stepping Back in Time - Perth County's Amish Community
If you're interested in seeing the Amish, many of them have stores that you can visit on your own. Please take note that these stores will not be open on Sundays.
- Quilts Galore – 7026 Route 116, RR#1, Millbank, N0K 1L0
- Country Quilts and Cedar Chests - 4054 Line 67, Millbank, N0K 1L0
- Conestoga Bird Seed- 4003 Line 73, R.R.#1, Newton, N0K 1R0
- Kathy’s Dry Goods – Rd 121, Fire # 6376, Poole, N0K 1S0
- You can eat at Anne Mae’s which is a very famous Amish Restaurant.
- Millbank Family Furniture, 4082 Waterloo St., Millbank
- Millbank Cheese Factory, 72 Church St., Millbank
- The Orange Barn, 4082 Waterloo Street, Millbank
If you travel out on a Sunday late morning you should encounter many of them coming home from church and it is quite interesting to see.
Please remember to ask permission before taking photographs of any type.
We will again be having weekend bus tours of the Amish community on various weekends through the summer and fall. See the Amish Bus Tours page for more details and to register.
Check out the video of Millbank and Perth County's Amish community that was filmed by KBS News and aired in South Korea!